Saturday, July 24, 2010

San Francisco!!

So I have always wanted to see the Golden Gate Bridge, and when I got into the college program here I was hoping I would be able to see it while I was here until I realized it's still at least a 6 hour drive from Anaheim to San Francisco. Me and my roommates contemplated a trip there but ended up realizing it might not happen, then my parents said we could stop by there on the way back to Utah when they pick me up but then we didn't know if we would have enough time. Well thankfully I asked Rob if he would want to go when me and my roommates were maybe planning a trip there and he wanted to go sense he never been before either. So when my roommates couldn't go we still wanted to go, so we decided to still go! Rob got work off and I asked for work off but wouldn't know until the week before if I would actually have it off so we booked our trip on Monday night and left that next Saturday night! It is crazy to think we booked it so fast but it all worked out thankfully!
So get ready for an overload of pictures!
So we decided to fly out cause in the long run it saved us money and it definitely made it so we had more time there! Sadly I was sick when we left so when we got there my ears were still not popped and I was in pain so we got to our hotel (which was right in downtown san fran and it was the NICEST hotel I loved it!) and Rob went across the street to California Pizza Kitchen and got us a pizza to eat and after we ate we just went to bed cause it was so late. Well the next day we started our vacation!
Me and Rob at the Bay Bridge
We ate here cause Rob wanted to eat somewhere nice, and let me tell you, it was WAY NICE!
A 4 star restaurant with a Michelin star too. The food was divine! I had a pork chop with potatoes and my goodness was it delicious!
Speaking about food, they sold German chocolate everywhere there!! It made me oh so happy to be able to buy and enjoy some real chocolate! I haven't had any real German chocolate in years!
And you know it's real when you can't read anything on the wrapper cause it's all in German haha. I wanted to take a picture of me with the chocolate so my dad could see me and be proud I bought some Nogat chocolate, and even got Rob to love it! Haha this was the 2nd one we bought and ate.
Some Trolley cars
Is it a boat or is it a car? Haha this just made me laugh when I saw this and made me think of my dad cause I thought it would be something that he would like.
Fisherman's Wharf
I saw this statue and I wanted a picture by it so bad haha wouldn't you want a picture by a monkey playing a ukulele?
At Pier 39
I thought this was the coolest carousel ever! It has 2 stories! And even had a real sea horse haha it was half fish and half horse! I wanted to ride it but wasn't willing pay money just for a ride so took a pic instead.
So we walked all the way to the wharf and pier 39 and were kinda tired so we decided to take the bus back to our hotel. This is the one we got on I thought it looked cool so I took a picture. When it stopped for us to get on the bus we all went to the front door but it didn't open and the bus driver was screaming "Back door! Back door!" Everyone seemed confused but we all went into the back door, needless to say thanks to that bus driver we and a lot of other passengers got a free ride. Thanks mystery bus driver!
The last day we finally went to the Golden Gate Bridge! It only took a 45 min bus ride from our hotel to get us there, but I'm so glad we got to see it! Call me crazy but I was so so excited to see just a red bridge haha but really I had a permanent smile the whole time we were there!
some pics I took with my Nikon of the Bridge.
Click on the pics to see them bigger
So thank you Rob for making my dream come true :)
We went to Chinatown 3 times, once everyday cause we liked it there so much haha.
I loved the look of Chinatown and all the asain writing on the signs, lanterns strung up across the street, and bright colored buildings there.
Rob bought me the CUTEST superman plushie there,
come on you know he is awesome :)
and I wanted this hat so bad!
You know it looks amazing on me :) haha
but I didn't buy it cause I knew I wouldn't be able to fit it in my carry on bag
and really I know I wouldn't wear it that much.
So a picture satisfied me :)
How many big sky scrapers just blew me away, I was fascinated by them!
Coming back to Anaheim I feel like I live in a small town now haha
Well we got back all safe and sound and I wasn't sick anymore so my ears popped fine on the flight back thankfully! I wasn't ready to come back at all though, that was the best vacation! If you haven't been to San Francisco I would HIGHLY recommend going! I LOVED it there!
^Me finally ON the Golden Gate Bridge!
SUCCESS!!

3 comments:

Kelly Winterton said...

I almost bought a Ritter Sport Nougat last week. Also, I'm glad to see you have learned how to compose and crop. I liked the vertical of the bridge especially well.

danielle said...

melissa!! oh man, this looks like you're having the time of your life. i am so happy for you. :)

Keri said...

Melissa -those pics of the bridge are cool. I wanna go there so bad. I've actually ridden in one of those boat/cars! :)
Love all the pics, they are so cute! and YES - Melissa and a red bridge go together beautifully!!!